See photos from the 2022 Aurora Awards Gala, captured by Rachelle Morvant Photography.
2022 Entry Details
Aurora Awards Gala
What are the Aurora Awards?
Established in 1979, Aurora Awards are presented annually to outstanding builders, planners, architects, developers, designers, interior merchandisers and other housing-related professionals. Residential and Commercial construction professionals actively involved in projects located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and the Eastern Caribbean are eligible to participate.
What Are The Aurora Awards?
Established in 1979, Aurora Awards are presented annually to outstanding builders, planners, architects, developers, designers, interior merchandisers and other housing-related professionals. Residential and Commercial construction professionals actively involved in projects located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and the Eastern Caribbean are eligible to participate. Featuring 60 categories, the Aurora Awards encompass all facets of the residential, commercial and remodeling industries. From overall design to sustainability, the awards program offers categories for each participant in the construction industry as well as sales and marketing professionals.
The Aurora Awards program is affiliated with the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) and the Southeast Building Conference (SEBC), one of two regional trade shows recognized by and affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
View the 2023 Aurora Awards Winners
Don't miss the 2024 call for entries!
Don't Miss The Aurora Awards Gala!
Don't miss the reveal of the 2023 Aurora Grand Award Winners and the Golden Aurora Best in Show Winner at the Aurora Awards Gala, Friday, July 21.
This black-tie optional event is held in conjunction with the Southeast Building Conference at the Rosen Centre from 6:00-9:00 p.m. To buy tickets, select the "special events" ticket option on the SEBC registration site.
Announcing the 2023 Silver Award Finalists
The 2023 Aurora Awards cover categories in Commercial/Retail, Custom & Renovated Homes, Targeted Use Residential, Senior Living, Site Planning, Single Family Production Housing, Interior Merchandising, Kitchen and Bath Design, Specialty Detailing, Sustainability, Communities of the Year, and Sales and Marketing.
- All digital images shall be submitted in JPEG format at a minimum of 300 dpi. Images should be 1800 pixels wide.
- Video files are only accepted for Sales and Marketing Categories that are judging video content.
- Any pdf submitted shall be high resolution.
- Plans should be submitted as a high-resolution pdf no larger than 8.5” x 11”.
- Please review the following submission requirements based on the category of your project:
All building categories
- Require submission of a site plan and/or building plan, and floor plan
Commercial Retail Categories
- Submit up to 8 images including 3 exterior and at least 1 interior shot
- Renovations should include an additional 1-4 “before photos” and all images file names should include “before” or “after”
Custom & Renovated Homes Categories
- Renovations should include up to 8 images in addition to 1-4 “before” photos. All images file names should include “before” or “after”
- New custom home entries shall include no more than 12 images, including at least 3 exterior and 1 interior shot.
Targeted Use Categories
- Submit up to 12 images including at least 3 exterior and 2 interior views. Additional images should show overall view of the community and/or special architectural and planning features
Senior Living Categories
- Up to 4 floor plans representative of models available
- Submit up to 12 images including 3 exterior and 2 interior views, and overall views of community and/or special architectural and planning features
Site Planning Categories
- Submit 6-8 images including digital illustrations/photos that address community, neighborhood character, environmental issues, circulation, land uses, topography, innovative solutions etc. Entry monuments, street scenes, recreational areas, green belts, open spaces, and aerial/bird’s eye views can all be helpful. Indicate product types and densities.
Single Family Production Housing Categories
- Site plan may be a single home footprint, part of the entire project site, or both. At least one drawing should show a typical home on a typical lot with dimensions show.
- Submit up to 8 images, including a front elevation and 4 interior views.
Interior Merchandising Categories
- Submit a floor plan and up to 8 images that represent the space.
Kitchen & Bath Categories
- Submit a floor plan and up to 4 images that represent the space
Specialty Detailing Categories
- Submit a floor plan and up to 8 images that represent the space.
- Interior detailing is the use of specialty items such as trim, molding, stone, brick, drywall, etc during the construction of the home. It is attached to the house and influenced by the interior design direction. This may also be described as architectural details.
- Submit a floor plan and up to 12 images that represent this entry.
Community of the Year
- Multifamily entries should submit up to 12 images, including 3 exterior and 2 interior views. Additional images should show overall community views and/or special features.
- Masterplan entries should submit 6-8 images that emphasize the community.
Sales and Marketing
- Please provide a headshot of candidates for Sales Professional of the Year
- SMC of the Year entries should include up to 8 images that represent activities throughout the year
- Print materials should include all aspects of the interior and exterior of the pieces, as applicable
- Advertisement files should include what publication the advertisement appeared
- Video files are preferred to be submitted via YouTube or Vimeo link, other files accepted include .mov or .mp4 only
- JPEG and PDF formats are accepted
- Any radio ads should be provided as .mp3 audio files
- Digital campaigns and websites should provide links to the campaign or website
- Entry deadline: April 1, 2023. Late entries will be accepted for an additional fee until April 19, 2023
- Please note the entry deadline, this date is final and there will be no extensions provided. The system will automatically prevent entry submission after the deadline.
- Announcements of Finalists – May 2023
- Aurora Awards Gala, Black Tie Optional – July 21, 2023
Meet the 2023 Aurora Awards Judges
Thank You To Our 2023 Aurora Awards Sponsors
Get Your Tickets For The Aurora Awards Gala!
See photos from the 2023 Aurora Awards Gala, captured by Rachelle Morvant Photography.
Get To The Venue, Orange County Convention Center
SEE YOU THERE!
Get Directions the Orange County Convention Center
Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819